- ‘Neko Land’, French Photographer Captures the Haunting Beauty of the Street Cats of Japan
- “Smell Cell” Transplant Helps Paralyzed Man Walk Again — NOVA Next | PBS
- “Lost” Satellite Photos Reveal Surprising Views of Earth in the 1960s
- The U.S. Will Collaborate With Cuba … on Ebola – NYTimes.com
- (Only) Two Rules for a Good Diet – NYTimes.com
- Postscript: Benjamin C. Bradlee (1921-2014) – The New Yorker
- The man with the golden blood | Mosaic
- Man Tries To Feed Medicine To Pandas; Pandas Have Other Ideas
- SkyMall parody better than the real thing – Boing Boing
- WATCH: Man Has Live Moth Removed From Ear (WARNING: Graphic Language)
- Ohio couple married 73 years die within 28 hours of each other | US news | The Guardian
- October 21: The Mobe – Jewish Currents
- IUCN – Ebola outbreak highlights critical links between biodiversity loss and human health says IUCN ’s Wildlife Health Specialist Group
- The Onion’s Tips For Not Accidentally Murdering Your Girlfriend | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- ‘Cat Circles’, The Amazing Phenomenon In Which a Cat Will Always Sit Inside a Circle on the Floor
- Cuba’s Impressive Role on Ebola – NYTimes.com
- Mann Gulch and the Greatest Fire Story Ever Told — New York Magazine
- The Movie Lover
- How Obama Transformed the Federal Judiciary
- Inside the Ebola Wars
- Flu Clinic Selling 2009 Version Of Vaccine For A Few Bucks Cheaper | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- How Should You Laugh At Renée Zellweger’s Face Today? | ThinkProgress
- The Debate Over Wilderness on its Fiftieth Birthday | Nature | OutsideOnline.com
- October 19: The Psychedelic Artist – Jewish Currents
- Justice Ginsburg sees what motivates Texas’ voter ID law: racism – LA Times
- A man-made attempt to save the rarest fish on Earth – LA Times
- Aid group has set the gold standard on Ebola safety – LA Times
- Could A Treatment For Autism Be Found In…Broccoli? – Modern Farmer
- Baby rhino tries to impress mom with its courage | Why Evolution Is True
- Why Are Americans So Fascinated With Extreme Fitness? – NYTimes.com
- “If we run and they kill us, so be it. But we have to run now.” — Matter — M edium
- Why a Street Criminal Stole a Multi-Million-Dollar Violin | Vanity Fair
- Judge refuses to delay hearing while attorney is on maternity leave, then humiliates her in court
- The Future Of The Culture Wars Is Here, And It’s Gamergate
- To Siri, With Love – NYTimes.com
- Five best writers’ sheds – in pictures | Books | The Guardian
- Jewish Currents – Home
- Are we free? | Prospect Magazine
- Alan Moore: I am in charge of this universe – Tim Martin – Aeon
- The legs on this puppy-sized spider are a foot long
- Mike Huckabee Wants Atheist Government Employees Replaced
- Rental America: Why the poor pay $4,150 for a $1,500 sofa – The Washington Post
- NYTimes: The Beggars of Lakewood
- When the West wanted Islam to curb Christian extremism – The Washington Post
- TinkerTown | Atlas Obscura
- Just The Important Stuff From Thursday’s Apple Event – Digg
- Tropical spider burrows under man’s skin through scar – video | Environment | The Guardian
- Flesh eating maggots removed from British women’s head – video | Society | The Guardian
- WATCH: Savage fox eats man alive – Boing Boing
- The Brain Cancer Rate for Girls in This Town Shot Up 550%—Is a Defense Contractor to Blame? | The Na tion
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
Alone in the Ocean « Now I Know Archives.
ErlebNest treehouse – a cocoon in the canopy.
Boy Scouts to Continue Excluding ‘Open or Avowed’ Gays – NYTimes.com.
Herbie Hancock Liza.
Did Mitt Romney Pay ZERO Taxes? | ThinkProgress.
The GOP War on Women is Back | ThinkProgress.
Romney Campaign Releases First Picture of V.P. Pick : The New Yorker.
Originally posted on Why Evolution Is True:
Many of you have probably heard of one of the most bizarre and sinister adaptations in nature: the manipulation of host behavior by parasites in a way that not only kills the hosts,…
Horror Bucket, A Personalized Zombie Head Popcorn Bucket.
Jean-Emmanuel “Valnoir” Simoulin pushes the limits of art – Salon.com.
NPR.org » Five Men Agree To Stand Directly Under An Exploding Nuclear Bomb.
Is Michelle Bachmann’ an agent of the Muslim Brotherhood? | Informed Comment.