- Johnny Smith
- Bernard Sahlins
- James Gandolfini
- A Clear Presence by Aisha Sabatini Sloan – Guernica / A Magazine of Art & Politics
- George Monbiot – Elevation
- Syrian bald ibis may be down to a single bird
- The strange-looking and endangered golden takin
- Bird extravaganza: scientists discover 15 new species of birds in the Amazon
- Tibetan monks partner with conservationists to protect the snow leopard
- Costa Rican environmentalist pays ultimate price for his dedication to sea turtles
- Flying rainbows: the scarlet macaw returns to Mexico
- Wolf spider and offspring
- Mozambique Diary: How to kill an assassin
- There's rat poison in my milk? or, why everything is toxic (even Kombucha tea)
- Obama, Putin Agree Never to Speak to Each Other Again : The New Yorker
- U.S. Promises Smooth Transfer of Quagmire from Afghanistan to Syria : The New Yorker
- Parkour for older folks awakens body and mind – The Washington Post
- An Investment Strategy in the Human Interest – NYTimes.com
- The lost world of Fossil Lake
- On Being an Octopus | Boston Review
- Diogene micro home pushes the boudaries for off-the-grid tiny living
- Hidden City Philadelphia: A Citywide Festival to Explore Overlooked Spaces | Atlas Obscura
- Three Beards : The New Yorker
- lust never sleeps – bookforum.com / current issue
- Pope Pius XII, Hitler’s pawn? | TLS
- The Problem With Psychiatry, the ‘DSM,’ and the Way We Study Mental Illness -
- Missing Michael Hastings – BuzzFeed Mobile
- Brokeback in Belarus | openDemocracy
- The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science — Editor’s Picks — Medium
- A Faithful Hound by Colin Dickey – Roundtable | Lapham’s Quarterly
- US Drone Operator says, ‘I became a sociopath’, regrets 1626 Killings | Informed Comment
- Having problems with your Netflix? You can blame Verizon – The Washington Post
- Tables Turned at Wrongful Conviction Hearing
- AMA declares obesity a disease – chicagotribune.com
- In Bulger’s Underworld, a ‘Judas Was the Worst’ – NYTimes.com
- Lifts and skyscrapers: The other mile-high club | The Economist
- Whitey Bulger trial: John Martorano killed 20 people. Why is he a free man?
- delanceyplace.com 6/17/13 – lethal insects of the amazon
- Americans Sent Over a Hundred Million Father’s Day Messages, Says N.S.A. : The New Yorker
- G.O.P. Spendthrifts Preserve Government Expansion – NYTimes.com
- Sean Carroll: There is no classical world
- Egypt’s Morsi Calls for No-Fly Zone over Syria: A step toward regional Sunni-Shiite War? | Informed Comment
- Top 5 Temptations the Surveillance State Can’t Resist (Engelhardt) | Informed Comment
- Teen Speaks 20 Languages
- How to Fold a Shirt in Under 2 Seconds
- Hilarious! – Gibbon walks the tightrope at Monkeyland!
- What if the senfeld theme was slowed down 1200%?
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon | Jimmy Reads His Favorite #DadQuotes, Plus Our Honorable Mentions!
- CANCER: The Emperor of All Maladies – Coming to PBS the Spring of 2015
Daily Archives: June 11, 2012
Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought – The Washington Post
Woodward and Bernstein: 40 years after Watergate, Nixon was far worse than we thought – The Washington Post.
Letters of Note: They pay brisk money for this crap?.
ClamCase announces ClamBook Android and iPhone laptop dock.
Daniel Berrigan: America’s Street Priest | Common Dreams.
Planned Israeli Detention Camps for Africans Draw Human Rights Protests | Informed Comment.
Feel dog tired? How we share remarkable similarities with animals and doctors can learn about human illnesses from vets | Mail Online
Feel dog tired? How we share remarkable similarities with animals and doctors can learn about human illnesses from vets | Mail Online.
Our Animal Natures – NYTimes.com.
A Future for Teachers Unions, But Only with a Fight | Common Dreams.
Science’s Long—and Successful—Search for Where Memory Lives | Memory, Emotions, & Decisions | DISCOVER Magazine
Science’s Long—and Successful—Search for Where Memory Lives | Memory, Emotions, & Decisions | DISCOVER Magazine.
The rebirth of tragedy.
What Would a Second Obama Term Bring? : The New Yorker.
Private Prisons Profit From Immigration Crackdown, Federal And Local Law Enforcement Partnerships – The Huffington Post
Private Prisons Profit From Immigration Crackdown, Federal And Local Law Enforcement Partnerships – The Huffington Post.
Obama defender Rep. Peter King – Glenn Greenwald – Salon.com.
“The Origins of Sex”: When sex became modern – What to Read – Salon.com.