- ‘True Detective’ Finale: All We Have to Do Is Let Go «
- The Story Behind the SAT Overhaul – NYTimes.com
- ‘If I move he’ll attack’: mastering rage in prisoners | Society | theguardian.com
- Report: Ocean Levels Could Rise Foot Or More If Lots Of People Go Swimming | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- INTERVIEW With Two Year Old Skateboarding Toddler From Australia!
- Chicago Tribune – Front Page – House cat in Oregon attacks baby, traps family in bedroom
- Andrew Solomon: The Father of the Sandy Hook Killer Searches for Answers : The New Yorker
- The True Detective Finale: That’s It? – Atlantic Mobile
- Blood-suckers in Brooklyn: how the old world medicine of leeches survives | Money | theguardian.com
- NYTimes: Auto Regulators Dismissed Defect Tied to 13 Deaths
- The ‘Boys’ in the Bunkhouse
- The ‘Armed Struggle’ Vindicated in El Salvador
- No One In ‘True Detective’ Makes Any Damn Sense – Digg
- World’s First Sunset Hyperlapse From An Airplane – Digg
- This is your brain on murder: What the mind of a psychopath looks like – Salon.com
- Weirdest Snowden leak yet: The NSA has an advice columnist | Ars Technica
- March 9: The Abolitionist | Jewish Currents
- First Ever Fatwa Issued Against Wildlife Trafficking
- Shagged by a rare parrot – Last Chance To See – BBC Two
- Reaching My Autistic Son Through Disney – NYTimes.com
- Crimea and the Hysteria of History : The New Yorker
- Multimedia Gallery – U.S. Census Bureau
- Digital Collections – Chicago Public Library
- The Urban Institute | Pressroom | Data at a Glance
- Birds-of-Paradise Project Introduction
- Cookie Shapes!
- New film on Noah and the Ark offends both Christians and Muslims
- Harriet M. Welsch, Scout Finch, and How to Be a Good Bad American Girl : The New Yorker
- TCS – Robot Heart: Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana (covered by Kawehi)
- Escandalo #2
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Sixteen, Alone, 23 Hours a Day, in a Six-by-Eight-Foot Box — Solitary Lives — Medium
- Why Much Of What You’ve Read About Ukraine Isn’t Quite Right, As Explained By Ukrainians | ThinkProgress
- 500,000 Cranes Are Headed for Nebraska in One of Earth’s Greatest Migrations | Science | Smithsonian
- Ukraine Situation Further Confused After Appearance by John Travolta : The New Yorker
- Why Carl Sagan is Truly Irreplaceable | Science | Smithsonian
- Arundhati Roy, the Not-So-Reluctant Renegade – NYTimes.com
- Before OkCupid and Match.com, there was Project Flame: What happened when I started one of the world ’s first computer dating services in 1966.
- BBC News – The Indian sanitary pad revolutionary
- Extreme Shoplifting
- Daily Kos :: The Jews Have Disappointed Michele Bachmann
- Obama knew CIA secretly monitored intelligence committee, senator claims
- Is Whole Foods a bastion of pseudoscience?
- Creationism taught in Indiana public school
- Tough as nails | The Smaller Majority by Piotr Naskrecki
- Official Histories by Kirsten Weld – Guernica / A Magazine of Art & Politics
- Shark point of view video: Head-strapped camera shows how sharks see the ocean.
- Daily Kos :: Egads, it sure is terrible when SOMEONE ELSE starts wars with trumped-up excuses
Daily Archives: May 22, 2012
An Oral History of the Rise and Fall (and Rise) of “The Dana Carvey Show”: Movies TV: GQ.
A Year After the Non-Apocalypse: Where Are They Now? | Culture | Religion Dispatches.
Tomgram: Ellen Cantarow, The New Eco-Devastation in Rural America | TomDispatch.
How To Survive A Hospitalization « Happiness in this World.
delanceyplace.com 5/21/12 – sneaking daylight past a rooster.
The Usual Suspects « Now I Know Archives.
Rolling Stone Mobile – Politics – Politics: How FBI Entrapment Is Inventing ‘Terrorists’ – and Letting Bad Guys Off the Hook
Rolling Stone Mobile – Politics – Politics: How FBI Entrapment Is Inventing ‘Terrorists’ – and Letting Bad Guys Off the Hook.
George Monbiot – Genocide Denial: Expert Assessments.
George Monbiot – Correspondence with Noam Chomsky.
George Monbiot – See No Evil.
What a terrible task to take on at such a dark moment when I would prefer to keep my thoughts private, but someone must speak. I am, and I hope you are, sickened to see Rupert Murdoch’s New York Post … Continue reading
delanceyplace.com 5/22/12 – the origins of sex.
Certain Ants are Used as Living Food Storage Vessels.
Held in Check « Now I Know Archives.
Paul Von Blum: Portraits of His People: A Tribute to Willie Middlebrook – Truthdig.
Tomgram: Hellman and Kramer, How Much Does Washington Spend on “Defense”? | TomDispatch.
Bizarre CCTV headquarters seems to defy gravity.
Philip K. Dick, Sci-Fi Philosopher, Part 2 – NYTimes.com.
The Most Comma Mistakes – NYTimes.com.
Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström on Swedish Crime Writing | The Browser.
Boston Review — Michael J. Sandel: When Markets Crowd Out Morals.
Israeli Squatters fire with Impunity at Palestinian civilians as Israeli Army watches | Informed Comment
Israeli Squatters fire with Impunity at Palestinian civilians as Israeli Army watches | Informed Comment.
Letters of Note: I am greatly troubled by what you say.
Andrew Brown, on religion: “One of the central religious yearnings is for platitudes to be true.”
May Berenbaum on Bugs | FiveBooks | The Browser.