- AMA declares obesity a disease – chicagotribune.com
- In Bulger’s Underworld, a ‘Judas Was the Worst’ – NYTimes.com
- Lifts and skyscrapers: The other mile-high club | The Economist
- Whitey Bulger trial: John Martorano killed 20 people. Why is he a free man?
- delanceyplace.com 6/17/13 – lethal insects of the amazon
- Americans Sent Over a Hundred Million Father’s Day Messages, Says N.S.A. : The New Yorker
- G.O.P. Spendthrifts Preserve Government Expansion – NYTimes.com
- Sean Carroll: There is no classical world
- Egypt’s Morsi Calls for No-Fly Zone over Syria: A step toward regional Sunni-Shiite War? | Informed Comment
- Top 5 Temptations the Surveillance State Can’t Resist (Engelhardt) | Informed Comment
- Teen Speaks 20 Languages
- How to Fold a Shirt in Under 2 Seconds
- Hilarious! – Gibbon walks the tightrope at Monkeyland!
- What if the senfeld theme was slowed down 1200%?
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon | Jimmy Reads His Favorite #DadQuotes, Plus Our Honorable Mentions!
- CANCER: The Emperor of All Maladies – Coming to PBS the Spring of 2015
- Lenders seek court actions against homeowners years after foreclosure – The Washington Post
- The Biggest Mistake Patients Make « Happiness in this World
- State photo-ID databases become troves for police – The Washington Post
- Happy Father’s Day
- Animals that you didn’t know existed. – Imgur
- Patton Oswalt | A CLOSED LETTER TO MYSELF ABOUT THIEVERY, HECKLING AND RAPE JOKES
- 10 More Things We’ve Learned About Dads | Innovations
- Only in America
- Remarkable camouflage in birds
- The Secret to Learning Anything: Albert Einstein’s Advice to His 11-Year-Old Son | Brain Pickings
- Salon calls atheists "as obnoxious as Christians" for trying to stop distribution of Bibles in U.S. schools
- An Outbreak of Reasonableness in Tehran: Top Ten Conclusions from Iran’s Early Election Returns | Informed Comment
- An article from The Atlantic
- Almost-Summer Links – NYTimes.com
- Race vs. Class – The False Dichotomy – NYTimes.com
- Australian television mocks religion
- Never Give Your Kid A Cold Shower: Advice From The Worst Dad On Earth
- Two-faced kitten born in Oregon
- Dark Money Politics – NYTimes.com
- NSA Leads come from others’ police work, not from data mining: the case of Headley (Rotella) | Informed Comment
- Who you Call is Far more Revealing than what you Say: Landau on Gov’t Spying (Democracy Now!) | Informed Comment
- Sunni-Shiite Conflict Spikes as al-Qaeda Massacres 60 Shiites, Gulf States Sanction Hizbullah | Informed Comment
- In Battle Over Malibu Beaches, an App Unlocks Access – NYTimes.com
- Murdoch Divorce Stuns Satan : The New Yorker
- Flash: English-Only Whole Foods now known as AssWhole Foods : Pocho
- Shared from AppAdvice.com: Comparing iTunes Radio To Pandora, Spotify And Other Streaming Music Services
- When life gives you lemons
- Indiana Town Shames Rape Victim, Speculates About Her ‘Promiscuous Behavior’ | ThinkProgress
- The only video of Anne Frank
- Article: Scott Walker Says He’ll Support Bill to Mandate Invasive
- The American Scholar: Laughter and the Brain – Richard Restak
- The Reason Stick: 50 Years of Progress
- Useful Phrases for the Surveillance State : The New Yorker
- George Monbiot – Corporate Carve-Up
Daily Archives: April 25, 2012
Spanish Is Faster Than English, But Mandarin Is Slow: Scientific American.
Great Books « Happiness in this World.
Scott Adams, on babies: Humans start their lives at the peak of their popularity. You will never regain the personal appeal you enjoyed as a baby. [Posted with iBlogger from my iPhone]
Economic epidemic: avoid American disease-like plague | smh.com.au.
George Monbiot – Dark Hearts.
Salon.com » Living the “good” life Mobile.
Boston Review — Forum: The Port Huron Statement at 50.
UCLA Professor warned about Israel views – Salon.com.
Tweet level orange, The Web of Language.
The Actress Who Played TV’s “Blossom” Now Has a PhD in Neuroscience.
Rationally Speaking: Lawrence Krauss: another physicist with an anti-philosophy complex.
Etan Patz, and the SoHo of Our Childhood – NYTimes.com.
I Hunt, But I Oppose the N.R.A. – NYTimes.com.
Mitt Romney’s Failed Definition of Success- Bloomberg.
Bullying the Nuns by Garry Wills | NYRblog | The New York Review of Books.
POLL: Majority of Republicans Guess They Have to Support Fucking Romney « Borowitz Report.
Top Ten Reasons Israel tried to Censor Bob Simon’s Report on Palestinian Christians | Informed Comment
Top Ten Reasons Israel tried to Censor Bob Simon’s Report on Palestinian Christians | Informed Comment.
Ex-CIA Officer Who Destroyed Waterboarding Videos: Torturers “Disgusted” at Being Labeled “Torturers” | Common Dreams
Ex-CIA Officer Who Destroyed Waterboarding Videos: Torturers “Disgusted” at Being Labeled “Torturers” | Common Dreams.
INFOGRAPHIC: What You Need To Know About The Violence Against Women Act | ThinkProgress.