- If a cat could talk – David Wood – Aeon
- Of Maggots and Brain Scans | Boston Review
- Florida Keys Webcam Captures Sea Turtle Hatch
- Sleeping with a Cheetah at Cheetah Experience Bloemfontein, SA
- Sleeping Baby Leopard – Cheetah Experience Bloemfontein
- North Korea Is Not Pleased: Dance Video Features Kim Jong Un : The Two-Way : NPR
- Found this photo for you on Tumblr
- Watch A 6-Year-Old Roller Skate Underneath 39 Cars – Digg
- New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Cast Members Revealed – Digg
- Earth’s Sixth Mass Extinction Is Now Underway, Wiping Out Species At An Alarming Rate: Report – weather.com
- Religious abuse of children
- Collection: CPUSA: Ninety Years of History
- In Alaska, wood frogs freeze for seven months, thaw and hop away – LA Times
- HUGE aquatic insect reported (and other big bugs) | Why Evolution Is True
- Theremin: How science fiction got its sound
- Morgan Freeman Chats with Jimmy While Sucking Helium
- 15 Month Old Controls 500 Boys at Camp Rockmont
- The Weekly Wonk | Israel Redux – The Weekly Wonk
- How To Get Paid To Drop Out Of Races: A Professional Pacer Tells All
- Guinea worm is almost eradicated, in one of the biggest public health wins ever – Vox
- Crazy Circle Illusion!
- Adorable Bulldog Can’t Stop Kissing Baby | Rumble – Yahoo Screen
- Small Cat Chases Big Husky Around | Storyful – Yahoo Screen
- Court allows use of “stingray” cell tracking device in murder case | Ars Technica
- What I Saw on Rikers Island – NYTimes.com
- What I Saw on Rikers Island – NYTimes.com
- Blacklisted: The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a TerroristThe Intercept
- Medical research: Treat ageing : Nature News & Comment
- Who Will Save the Wolverine? Not the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – The Daily Beast
- The infatuated leopard experience
- 10 Amazing Bets You Will Always Win – NEW (Ep 11)
- How a solar storm two years ago nearly caused a catastrophe on Earth – The Washington Post
- “Film Noir”: The Elusive Genre – The New Yorker
- The unbelievable life and death of Michael C. Ruppert | The Verge
- NBA Total Recall: LeBron’s mighty mind – ESPN
- The New Face of Hunger – National Geographic
- Lisa Elmaleh’s Folk Portraits – The New Yorker
- Royal Baby’s First Year Widely Considered Disappointing
- ▶ Kayak levantado por ballena en Puerto Madryn – YouTube
- Things You Can’t Do When You’re Not A Cat | Videos We Heart | Watch NickMom Videos
- How playing an instrument benefits your brain – Anita Collins | TED-Ed
- Upper Mississippi River Mayfly Tracking
- ▶ 27 Unbelievable Local Traditions – mental_floss on YouTube (Ep.214) – YouTube
- Robert Downey Jr. Tops Forbes’ List Of Top Earning Actors With $75m Take
- The World’s 25 Highest-Paid Musicians – In Photos: The World’s 25 Highest-Paid Musicians – Forbes
- 100 Highest Paid CEOs
- Requiem for a Dream – The New Yorker
- The Fasinatng … Frustrating … Fascinating History of Autocorrect | Gadget Lab | WIRED
- Ricky Jay’s Magical Secrets
- William T. Vollmann Interview: A Dangerously Uncorrupted Literary Mind | New Republic
Daily Archives: February 19, 2012
Fact of the Day (2012-02-20) : Oxford Reference Online.
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania.
EM Cioran, on God: “If truth were not boring, science would have done away with God long ago.”
Nanosecond Trading Could Make Markets Go Haywire | Wired Science | Wired.com.
Ski Racer Aksel Svindal – 2012 FIS World Cup | Downhill Skiing | OutsideOnline.com.
Consciousness Emerges – Science News.
Demystifying The Mind – Science News.
A Brief History of Drones | The Nation.
From The New York Times: RIFF: The Upside-Down Appeal of ‘Downton Abbey’ Is “Downton Abbey’’ perfectly attuned to these times or totally out of step? http://nyti.ms/z1kRgZ Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Can a Papermaker Help to Save Civilization? One man’s lifelong dedication to making “true paper,” as it’s been done for 1,800 years. http://nyti.ms/wNsg3p Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Dory Previn, Songwriter, Is Dead at 86 Ms. Previn, the lyricist for three Oscar-nominated songs, became famous for her own confessional albums in the early 1970s. http://nyti.ms/zlABUo Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: John Fairfax, Who Rowed Across Oceans, Dies at 74 In 1969, after six months alone on the Atlantic battling storms, sharks and encroaching madness, Mr. Fairfax became the first lone oarsman in recorded history to … Continue reading
From The New York Times: 60 Lives, 30 Kidneys, All Linked A record chain of kidney transplants resulted from a mix of medical need, pay-it-forward selflessness and lockstep coordination among 17 hospitals over four months. http://nyti.ms/whpaUN Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: A Jewish Hockey Player at History’s Indelible Crossroad An American hockey player from Minneapolis, whose Jewish family was decimated in Germany during the Holocaust, has returned to play in his ancestral homeland. http://nyti.ms/AvpI9l Sent from … Continue reading
Salon.com » Painting as Paris burned Mobile.
Salon.com » He was our eyes Mobile.