- ‘Stories We Tell,’ Written and Directed by Sarah Polley – NYTimes.com
- The world through a newborn’s senses – latimes.com
- Scientists create human embryos to make stem cells – latimes.com
- “I will Survive” the Muslim Brotherhood: Leftist Egyptian Youth Music Video | Informed Comment
- The Lotto Symbolizes the False Promises of Barracuda Capitalism, and it Won’t make you Happy to Win | Informed Comment
- Curious monkey and puppy
- Can you name all the games and beat the cheat?
- A Vine Lesson on How To Wake Up Your Dog
- Zombie Parkour – The Flipping Dead
- Animal Dubs
- Cute rabbit steals cookies – another day! Süßes Kaninchen klaut sich Kekse!
- Made by Hand / No 5 The Bike Maker on Vimeo
- Baby Pancake and Watermelon
- Obama Denies Role in Government : The New Yorker
- New Yorker launches tool by Aaron Swartz to protect leaks – Salon.com
- Temple Grandin on DSM-5: “Sounds like diagnosis by committee” – Salon.com
- Alex Gibney: Julian Assange has become like “those he despises” – Salon.com
- Cat open five doors to go outside – Мачка отвара пет врати за да изле зе надвор
- Everest Maxed Out
- How the Case for Austerity Has Crumbled by Paul Krugman | The New York Review of Books
- Ben Faccini – Street children
- Everest Maxed Out
- Was well-known lawyer’s demand letter ‘extortion’? Appeals court to hear arguments on judge’s ruling
- The Cicada’s Love Affair With Prime Numbers : The New Yorker
- The Smith/Klein/Kalecki Theory of Austerity – NYTimes.com
- Targeting Texas – NYTimes.com
- The Real I.R.S. Scandal – NYTimes.com
- Behind the I.R.S. Mess: A Campaign-Finance Scandal – NYTimes.com
- The Smart Set: Step Backward, Step Forward – May 15, 2013
- Old Love
- The Rag Blog: Michael James : Doing the Whirlpool at the Paradise
- The Rag Blog: BOOKS / Jonah Raskin : Blake Slonecker’s ‘New Dawn’ Tells the LNS Story
- The Rag Blog: REPORT / Mariann G. Wizard : ‘La Vida Coca’ in Bolivia and Peru / 2
- The Rag Blog: Robert Jensen : The Collapse of Journalism
- Dancing Toward Doomsday: Five Signs the Table is Set | NationofChange
- Trout invasion behind park’s elk decline | News.com.au
- Mayoral candidate endorsed by Jesus
- Jaron Lanier: The Internet destroyed the middle class – Salon.com
- About That Debt Crisis? Never Mind – NYTimes.com
- Belize Construction company Destroys Mayan Pyramid in Latest Refutation of Libertarianism | Informed Comment
- Obama must Make Fighting Climate Change National Project, or Die the death of a thousand Scandals | Informed Comment
- Exploring the Mind of the Mountain Gorilla | Endless Forms Most Beautiful
- E.J. Dionne: The false god of ‘narrative’ – The Washington Post
- Amazon’s flood/drought cycle becoming more extreme, less predictable
- Industrialized fishing has forced seabirds to change what they eat
- High school student suing for First Amendment violation outs herself
- An eagle takes flight
- The Freedom from Religion Foundation to Ball State University: cease and desist your religious indoctrination
- Film Review: Canning Paradise
Daily Archives: February 19, 2012
Fact of the Day (2012-02-20) : Oxford Reference Online.
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania.
EM Cioran, on God: “If truth were not boring, science would have done away with God long ago.”
Nanosecond Trading Could Make Markets Go Haywire | Wired Science | Wired.com.
Ski Racer Aksel Svindal – 2012 FIS World Cup | Downhill Skiing | OutsideOnline.com.
Consciousness Emerges – Science News.
Demystifying The Mind – Science News.
A Brief History of Drones | The Nation.
From The New York Times: RIFF: The Upside-Down Appeal of ‘Downton Abbey’ Is “Downton Abbey’’ perfectly attuned to these times or totally out of step? http://nyti.ms/z1kRgZ Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Can a Papermaker Help to Save Civilization? One man’s lifelong dedication to making “true paper,” as it’s been done for 1,800 years. http://nyti.ms/wNsg3p Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Dory Previn, Songwriter, Is Dead at 86 Ms. Previn, the lyricist for three Oscar-nominated songs, became famous for her own confessional albums in the early 1970s. http://nyti.ms/zlABUo Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: John Fairfax, Who Rowed Across Oceans, Dies at 74 In 1969, after six months alone on the Atlantic battling storms, sharks and encroaching madness, Mr. Fairfax became the first lone oarsman in recorded history to … Continue reading
From The New York Times: 60 Lives, 30 Kidneys, All Linked A record chain of kidney transplants resulted from a mix of medical need, pay-it-forward selflessness and lockstep coordination among 17 hospitals over four months. http://nyti.ms/whpaUN Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: A Jewish Hockey Player at History’s Indelible Crossroad An American hockey player from Minneapolis, whose Jewish family was decimated in Germany during the Holocaust, has returned to play in his ancestral homeland. http://nyti.ms/AvpI9l Sent from … Continue reading
Salon.com » Painting as Paris burned Mobile.
Salon.com » He was our eyes Mobile.