- Why is American internet so slow?
- Sixteen, Alone, 23 Hours a Day, in a Six-by-Eight-Foot Box — Solitary Lives — Medium
- Why Much Of What You’ve Read About Ukraine Isn’t Quite Right, As Explained By Ukrainians | ThinkProgress
- 500,000 Cranes Are Headed for Nebraska in One of Earth’s Greatest Migrations | Science | Smithsonian
- Ukraine Situation Further Confused After Appearance by John Travolta : The New Yorker
- Why Carl Sagan is Truly Irreplaceable | Science | Smithsonian
- Arundhati Roy, the Not-So-Reluctant Renegade – NYTimes.com
- Before OkCupid and Match.com, there was Project Flame: What happened when I started one of the world ’s first computer dating services in 1966.
- BBC News – The Indian sanitary pad revolutionary
- Extreme Shoplifting
- Daily Kos :: The Jews Have Disappointed Michele Bachmann
- Obama knew CIA secretly monitored intelligence committee, senator claims
- Is Whole Foods a bastion of pseudoscience?
- Creationism taught in Indiana public school
- Tough as nails | The Smaller Majority by Piotr Naskrecki
- Official Histories by Kirsten Weld – Guernica / A Magazine of Art & Politics
- Shark point of view video: Head-strapped camera shows how sharks see the ocean.
- Daily Kos :: Egads, it sure is terrible when SOMEONE ELSE starts wars with trumped-up excuses
- american teenagers in 1933 — 3/4/14
- Giant virus resurrected from 30,000-year-old ice : Nature News & Comment
- BBC News – Who, What, Why: How does a snake eat a crocodile?
- 5 Arguments That Will Convince You the Keystone XL Pipeline Is a Bad Idea
- Rob Ford’s ‘Kimmel’ Appearance Was Brutal – Digg
- What happens if rhinos disappear? – Salon.com
- Hollywood journalist Anne Thompson on the Oscars: “Inside the Academy, they know Mia Farrow ’s a sophisticated media operator” – Salon.com
- 7 Bipartisan Reasons to Raise the Minimum Wage | Boston Review
- Timber Thieves Threaten California’s Redwood Giants – NYTimes.com
- Oops: The Texas Miracle That Isn’t by Phillip Longman | The Washington Monthly
- Oil, Gas, and Rick Perry – NYTimes.com
- Putin Receives Strong Words of Support in Ninety-Minute Conversation with Self : The New Yorker
- Chris Hedges: Suffering? Well, You Deserve It – Chris Hedges – Truthdig
- Cat Fight | Earth Island Journal | Earth Island Institute
- Daniel C. Dennett: The De-Darwinizing of Cultural Change (HeadCon ’13 Part X) | Edge.org
- Tesla’s success is a victory for anyone who loves the environment – The Washington Post
- What good are children? | vox
- New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You’re High And You’ll Likely Be Stoned Forever | Video | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- Jared Leto Thanks Acting For Being An Easy Thing That Anybody Can Do | Video | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- Oscar’s 10 most memorable moments – Salon.com
- A Cosmological Argument for a Self-Caused Universe (The Great Debate)
- Is Solitary Confinement an Impossible Idea? — New York Magazine
- Phoenix cops arrest prostitutes, detain them without trial in churches, pressure them to take deals without access to lawyers – Boing Boing
- Digg.com: This Is The First Ad For Medical Marijuana To Air On A Major Network
- Oscars 2014: The Haters Shootaround «
- Oscar Night in Hollywood – Atlantic Mobile
- Vladimir Putin’s war on Ukraine: President Obama had no options for saving Crimea.
- Naked, Covered in Ram’s Blood, Drinking a Coke, and Feeling Pretty Good – Notes on an Exorcism – Esquire
- Extra sharp: World’s oldest cheese found on 3,800-year-old Chinese mummies
- The Murders Before the Marathon | Boston Magazine
Daily Archives: February 19, 2012
Fact of the Day (2012-02-20) : Oxford Reference Online.
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania
February 15: The World’s First General Purpose Digital Electronic Computer is Dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania.
EM Cioran, on God: “If truth were not boring, science would have done away with God long ago.”
Nanosecond Trading Could Make Markets Go Haywire | Wired Science | Wired.com.
Ski Racer Aksel Svindal – 2012 FIS World Cup | Downhill Skiing | OutsideOnline.com.
Consciousness Emerges – Science News.
Demystifying The Mind – Science News.
A Brief History of Drones | The Nation.
From The New York Times: RIFF: The Upside-Down Appeal of ‘Downton Abbey’ Is “Downton Abbey’’ perfectly attuned to these times or totally out of step? http://nyti.ms/z1kRgZ Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Can a Papermaker Help to Save Civilization? One man’s lifelong dedication to making “true paper,” as it’s been done for 1,800 years. http://nyti.ms/wNsg3p Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: Dory Previn, Songwriter, Is Dead at 86 Ms. Previn, the lyricist for three Oscar-nominated songs, became famous for her own confessional albums in the early 1970s. http://nyti.ms/zlABUo Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: John Fairfax, Who Rowed Across Oceans, Dies at 74 In 1969, after six months alone on the Atlantic battling storms, sharks and encroaching madness, Mr. Fairfax became the first lone oarsman in recorded history to … Continue reading
From The New York Times: 60 Lives, 30 Kidneys, All Linked A record chain of kidney transplants resulted from a mix of medical need, pay-it-forward selflessness and lockstep coordination among 17 hospitals over four months. http://nyti.ms/whpaUN Sent from my iPad
From The New York Times: A Jewish Hockey Player at History’s Indelible Crossroad An American hockey player from Minneapolis, whose Jewish family was decimated in Germany during the Holocaust, has returned to play in his ancestral homeland. http://nyti.ms/AvpI9l Sent from … Continue reading
Salon.com » Painting as Paris burned Mobile.
Salon.com » He was our eyes Mobile.